Sunday, February 2, 2014

Playing some ball.....

I have been so blessed over the past few months to get to know a group of men and women from the community here on Guam through weekly basketball scrimmages. Last year I was asked to play on a women's team by the coach and I accepted and for the past year I have been practising with the team. Up until this past week I had not played in any games or tournament. I joined just to meet more locals and for the exercise. Last month our team was asked to join the Chuukese League in which a lot of my girls play so I was super excited to join. My niece Bri also joined our team and las tnight we had our first game against one of my girls' Yumiko's Team. It was fun playing against her and they we a tough team under the basket. We won our game and I got to play most of the game (mostly because I am the tallest!). Here is a pic of some of my girls and my roommate (who is now my new Boss, our Student Life Director Sarah Brubaker). The girls were on their weekly shopping trip and stopped by to catch the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment