Sunday, February 2, 2014

Spring 2014 Semester Plan

This semster we have eighteen ladies living on  campus this semester. I have four amazing Resident Assistants Nai Nai Roby, Nailynn Roby, Shelter Alokoa, Mely Michael. This semester we are taking our girls through the Gospel of Matthew focusing specifically on chapters 3-5. Alongside Matthew my R.A's and I are reading through The Radical Disciple by John Stott focusing on four charachteristics of Jesus;
1. Jesus' Incarnation
2. Jesus' Mission
3. Jesus' Love
4. Jesus' Endurance
We are using these charachteristics as a framework for our ministry to the women of PIU. I am convinced that a person's greatest need is Jesus and what better way to help them know Him than to imitate Jesus and His character all while looking at His life and ministry in the Gospel Matthew. You can be praying for me and my R.A's weekly as we digg into the text and then as the R.A's work through the text with their small groups. Each Thursday we all come together and go over what we studied in our groups pray that the truths of scripture would be hearts and hearts changed. Pray that these women will know Jesus and how beautiful He truly is and all that He offers.
For His Name Sake
Daisy

This is Lian (Freshmen from Chuuk) and I on weekly shopping trip.

Nailynn Roby Sophmore from Pohnpei who is serving as one of my four R.A.'s

My Niece Bri came from Texas to PIU to work towards her Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Studies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment